NEWS: 2 Post-Doctoral Researcher positions are now open
The position offered is for full time employment for 2 years with the possibility of prolongation in case of mutual agreement. The expected employment date is in April 2022. Click here to download the full description of the positions.
Two (2) Post-Doctoral Researchers will be hired. The best qualified candidates will be selected.
The Post-Doctoral Researchers are expected to conduct experimental, theoretical and/or numerical research in any area of fire safety. Particular emphasis will be given to areas that could have a positive impact in the evolution of fire safety engineering for Slovenia. These areas could include, but are not limited, to material flammability, performance of building systems, fire protection systems and the holistic assessment of infrastructure fire safety.
Some relevant areas of research are:
• numerical methods in fire (multiscale modelling, combustion process modelling, coupled thermal stress analysis),
• hybrid and advanced experimental methods in fire (numerical/experimental coupling, methods for toxicity and ecotoxicity, façade fire),
• emissions, toxicity and ecotoxicity in fire (linking bench-top methods to real scale fires, identifying composition of combustion effluents, biomass burning),
• fire research and structures (timber, geopolymers and composite structural elements in fire, pyrophoric carbonization of structural elements),
• fire research on materials (biobased composites, advanced thermal insulations, geopolymers).
The FRISSBE team will have access to brand new research equipment for fire testing that has been purchased through a combination of EU structural, national and own funds. The newly established lab will be operational around the starting date for the Post-Doctoral Researchers. This equipment consists of furnaces for testing of fire resistance of various planar and 3D large samples as well as a test rig for façade testing, open calorimeter, room corner test and full range of reaction to fire testing equipment, including equipment for chemical analysis of fire effluents. The FRISSBE team will also have access to other state-of-the art research facilities at ZAG. The FRISSBE team has funds allocated for meeting attendance and travelling.
The workplace is Logatec, a small town about 35 kilometres southwest of Slovenia’s capital, Ljubljana. ZAG will have two departments in Logatec, both placed in the new laboratory and office building.
Applicants have to use reference OH64881 and position name »ASISTENT Z DOKTORATOM (H019001) - M/Ž« in the title of their application.
The application deadline is February 9. Applications should be in English and sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.