NEWS: We are looking for Post-Doctoral Researchers and PhD Students
Our FRISSBE team will hire new researchers in the near future. Check out all the relevant information below.
The Post-Doctoral Researchers
The position offered is for full-time employment for 24 months, with the possibility of prolongation in case of mutual agreement. Two (2) Post-Doctoral Researchers will be hired. The expected employment date is in April 2022.
Application deadline: June 2nd 2022
The PhD students
The position offered is for full-time employment for 36 months. Two (2) PhD students will be hired. The expected employment date is in August 2022.
Application deadline: May 17th 2022
Chosen candidates for both positions will be expected to conduct experimental, theoretical and/or numerical research in any area of fire safety. Particular emphasis will be given to areas that could positively impact the evolution of fire safety engineering in Slovenia. These areas could include but are not limited to material flammability, performance of building systems, fire protection systems and the holistic assessment of infrastructure fire safety.
Some relevant areas of research are:
- numerical methods in fire (multiscale modelling, combustion process modelling, coupled thermal stress analysis),
- hybrid and advanced experimental methods in fire (numerical/experimental coupling, methods for toxicity and ecotoxicity, façade fire),
- emissions, toxicity and ecotoxicity in fire (linking bench-top methods to real scale fires, identifying the composition of combustion effluents, biomass burning),
- fire research and structures (timber, geopolymers and composite structural elements in fire, pyrophoric carbonisation of structural elements),
- fire research on materials (biobased composites, advanced thermal insulations, geopolymers).
The workplace is Logatec, a small town about 35 kilometres southwest of Slovenia's capital, Ljubljana. Slovenian National Building and Civil Engineering Institute - ZAG (Zavod za gradbeništvo Slovenije) will have two departments in Logatec, both placed in the new laboratory and office building.