The rebirth of construction waste in Slovenia
Alenka Mauko promotes the ReBirth project on Euronews
Circular economy in construction
- Construction works generate over two tonnes of construction and demolition waste for each European citizen every year. And this amount is increasing.
- A new EU protocol on construction and demolition waste management introduces guidelines for the industry on how to recycle and re-use such waste and turn it into resources again.
- In Slovenia, a project called REBIRTH aims to increase and improve the recycling of industrial and construction and demolition waste for re-use as new regenerated construction material.
- REBIRTH is one of more than 4,300 green technology, nature conservation and climate projects funded by the EU’s LIFE programme to date.
- 2017 marks the 25th anniversary of the LIFE programme and a new opportunity to apply for funding – open from the end of April to September 2017.