CV – Vilma Ducman
Date and place of birth: 23.8.1964, Celje
2013: Ph. D., University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, Department of Geology,
1993: M. Sc., University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Chemistry and Chem Technol., Department of Chemical Technology,
1989: B. Sc., University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Chemistry and Chem Technol., Department of Chemical Technology.
2008 on - head of Department for Materials (ZAG),
2000 - 2008 head of Laboratory for Ceramics and Refractory Materials (ZAG)
1996 - researcher at Slovenian national Building and Civil Engineering Institute (ZAG),
1989 - 1996: Steklarska šola (Glass school) Rogaška Slatina- young researcher at IJS.
Vilma Ducman has been involved in the research and testing of tradional ceramics building products (clay masonry units, clay roofing tiles, ceramic tiles), and building glass. Her main research focus has been placed on use of different waste materials (waste glass, paper mud, silica sludge, fly ash…) in the building industry, mainly processing of different waste into lightweight aggregates. In last years, she has researched geopolymers (alcali activated inorganic materials) based on different waste material (fly ash, slag). She has led or been involved in many (inter-)national projects on recycling nad development of new building materials or products.
Recent international projects and networks:
- H2020 InnoWEE: Innovative pre-fabricated components including different waste construction materials reducing building energy and minimising environmental impacts (2016-2020),
- EIT KIC RawMaters project MIN-PET: Mineral products from Petrit-T sidestream technology (2016-2018),
- EIT KIC NOI (network of infrastructure) EXTREME - Substitution of CRMs in components and coatings used under extreme conditions (2015 -2019 ),
- EIT KIC NOI (network of infrastructure) RESIDUFLEX- Infrastructure and technology network on residue valorization (2015-2019),
- Slovenian – Serbian bilateral project, Mehanisms of bonding of aggregates based on fly ashes and prepared by means of geopolymers binders and cements ( 2016-2017)
- EU FP 7 project HEROMAT - Protection of cultural heritage objects with multifunctional advanced materials (2011-2015),
- EU FP 7 SME project ULTRAGRIP - Development of a high grip designing tool (2009-2012),
- EUREKA MULTI-PROTECT - Multifunctional Layers For The Protection Of Mineral Substrates (2010-2013),
- EUREKA LIGHTWASTE - Development of lightweight aggregate from waste material and further processing into thermal insulation concrete (2009-2012)
- EUREKA FIRECON - Fire resistant concrete made with slag from the steel industry (2008-2011),
- COST action SARCOS - CA15202 Self-healing As preventive Repair of COncrete Structures (2016-2020),
- COST action MINEA - CA15115 Mining the European Anthroposphere (2016-2020),
- COST action NORM4BUILDING-TU 1301 - NORM for Building Materials (2013-2017).
Recent national projects:
- Smart Specialization Strategy project NMP: Use of bio mass for the development of advanced material and bio-based products (2016-2020),
- Z2-6748: 48: Mechanisms for the strengthening of different types of ash by means of a geopolymerization process (2014-2016),
- Development of high-quality refractory aggregate from waste materials –voucher project for company Togo d.o.o. (2013-2015) ,
- Research of cement matrix with extremely high strength, reinforced with technologically advanced micro-fiber reinforcement and with high strength natural aggregates – voucher project for company Saning d.o.o. (2013-2015),
- L2―1129: Development of photo-catalytic coatings and gas-phase reactors for determination of coatings efficiency in air- and self-cleaning (2008- 2011).
She has published over 30 articles in scientific journals and over 30 in professional magazines and acquired four SI patents on recycling.
Data on publications are available in COBISS:
Organization of scientific conferences:
- member of National Scientific Committee of the 13th Euroseminar on Microscopy Applied to Building Materials, 2011.
- member of International Advisory Board for section for Traditional Ceramics of CIMTEC- International Conference on Modern Materials and Technologies, 2010 , 2012, 2014.
- member of Scientific Committee of IPICSE–2016: International Conference on Integration, Partnership and Innovation in Construction Science and Education, Moscow, Russia, 2016.
- member of Scientific Committee of COMS 2017: 1st International Conference on Construction Materials for Sustainable Future, Zadar, Croatia, 2017.
- member of Scientific Committee of IMST 3rd International Conference on Innovative Materials, Structures and Technologies, Riga, Latvia, 2017.
- member of NANOCEM - The Industrial-Academic Research Network on Cement and Concrete
- SIST/TC CAA Zidarstvo (Masonry)
- Rilem TC DTA: Durability testing of alkali activated materials (2013-2017)