The Laboratory for Metrology
- maintains Slovenian Reference Standards for Force, Hardness and Torque
- performs various services from the field of the calibration and metrological maintenance of measuring equipment for mechanical and other quantities.
- The Laboratory is accredited at Slovenian Accreditation (SA) in accordance with the standard SIST EN ISO/IEC 17025 for the performance of the calibration of measures o
- impact energy,
- An inspection body (type C) operates within the framework of the Laboratory for the verification of brake testing equipment with rollers for cars and other road vehicles. It is accredited in accordance with the requirements of the standard SIST EN ISO/IEC 17020 at Slovenian Accreditation (SA).
- The Laboratory performs verifications of brake testing equipment with rollers for cars and other road vehicles in accordance with the Decision about Authorization, issued by the Metrological Institute of the Republic of Slovenia.
For calibrated measures the Laboratory issues a certificate of calibration with the measured and evaluated values of the investigated parameters. Such certificates are as a rule supplied with the Accreditation Mark, if the calibration has been carried out within the accredited scope. A ZAG label is fixed to the calibrated measure, which proves that it has been calibrated.
In the case when a measure is inspected (i.e. a legally prescribed measure) a report containing data about the measured and evaluated parameters is issued. At the orderer's request ZAG will supply a certificate of conformity with the relevant regulations. A ZAG label and an official verification label are fixed to the inspected measure, which confirm the conformity of the measure with the regulations.