Bridges are key elements of the road and railway infrastructure. Over the years they deteriorate while at the same time being exposed to traffic loadings which are, in the majority of cases, higher than was foreseen at the time of their construction. In order to ensure their efficient management the owner or manager of such structures must know what condition they are in, and how safe they are, and then appropriately prescribe maintenance and repair measures.
ZAG can provide full and up-to-date technical support for the efficient management of bridges, as follows
- periodical and main inspections of bridges,
- detailed inspections of bridges including all accompanying tests,
- load testing,
- analyses of the safety of bridges for foreseen traffic loads, with proposals, if necessary, for bridge postings,
- numerical analyses of bridges,
- experimental analyses of bridges and their components (bearings, expansion joints, prestressing cables, etc.),
- noise protection.
as well as:
- developing and maintenance of bridge data-bases,
- measuring static and dynamic traffic loadings of bridges using Weigh-in-Motion (WIM) equipment,
- determining characteristic traffic load effects for pavements and bridges, on the basis of the results of WIM measurements.
|Preparation of a methodology for the inspection of bridges in RS||Ministry of Transport RS, Slovenian Roads Agency (1990-1993)|
|Periodical and main inspections of bridges on state highways||Ministry of Transport RS, Slovenian Roads Agency (1993-2000)|
|Periodical and main inspections of bridges on motorways||Company for Motorways in Slovenia RS (1995 up until today)|
|Preparation of a methodology for the assessment of the safety of bridges for traffic loadings||Ministry of Transport RS, Slovenian Roads Agency (2001-2002, updated 2010)|
|Analyses of the safety of bridges for traffic loadings||Ministry of Transport RS, Slovenian Roads Agency (2003-2014)|
|Development of a weigh-in-motion system for bridges – several projects||The European Commission, Ministry of Transport (1993 up until today)|
|Detailed inspections of bridges using various types of tests – a large number of structures||Various clients (1960 up until today)|
|Implementation of a methodology for the inspection and analysis of bridges||FAPEU, Brazil (2012-2015)|
|Analysis of the safety of a bridge for traffic loadings||The Municipality of Grosuplje (2012)|